Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ticket cancelled!

My best friend decided to send my blog post about my transit ticket to the Calgary Transit Authority. At first they responded basically by saying "well, you could have bought next month's pass up to ten days in advance" and suggested I should show up in court to plead my case before a judge. Well, personally I don't think I should have to do that--I think it should not be their policy to give fines on the first of the month. I have never been charged with anything before and would not feel comfortable in court... especially since the fact remains that I'm technically guilty of the charge, notwithstanding that it is probably a mistake made by many.

Anyway, to my surprise I got a phone call from a "Transit Constable" who said that the ticket was given in error, and that they were cancelling it. Wow! This is a wonderful surprise. By the way, since getting the ticket I've had my fare checked 3 times, which proves they aren't singling out people who have an expired pass on the 1st of the month.

No comments: